Knowledge of EU legislation and the Competition Act will provide a substantial competitive advantage. We will help you avoid mistakes, choose the best courses of action and defend your company’s interests.
Advance planning will significantly reduce the risk of expensive and lengthy disputes. This is especially true for competition law. Administrative penalties, civil liabilities and retrospective obligations from the competition authorities pose a substantial risk to the company, which makes advance planning very important.
Supporting you during disputes
Disputes and legal proceedings cannot always be avoided, and conflicts may arise with the authorities and competitors, for example. It is therefore important that you are able to uphold your interests with the authorities and in courts of law.
We have extensive practical experience of administrative and civil court processes and the competition authorities in Finland, the EU and Ukraine.
Our team also has firm experience in managing significant procurement projects. Our clients include both procuring entities and bidding companies.
Let us handle the analyses and training
We draw up analyses on individual questions and topics specific to a sector or field of business. The scope of the analyses is determined according to the client’s needs.
The competition authorities, among others, carry out surveys concerning specific sectors and fields of business. The purpose of these surveys is to determine the competitive situation and any possible market problems. Responding to them may be a financially demanding and time-consuming process, but the results will affect the approaches and priorities of the authorities and even future legislation.
We plan and construct training according to the needs of the client’s business. Training events may be focused on a specific topic, or we can develop a steadily repeating training series.
Restrictions on competition
- Proactive risk management and required analyse
- Advice and assessment of suspected restrictive practices
- Assisting in authority investigations and court processes
- Supervising interests during inspections (dawn raids) by the competition authority
- Filing requests for action with the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority and the European Commission
- Determining the duty to notify and making notifications to the competition authorities
- Assessing probability of approval and planning of needs for change
- Appeals to the Market Court and the Supreme Administrative Court
- Domestic and international mergers
- Drawing up and inspecting contracts
- Appeal and dispute processes
- Business secrets
Competition Law Compliance
- Drawing up Compliance programmes and assessing existing practices
- Risk surveys
- Competition law audits
- Simulated inspections and guidelines
Authority processes and trials
- Unannounced inspections (dawn raids)
- Making requests for action
- Drawing up appeals or responding to them
- Antitrust damages trials
Public sector business operations, competitive neutrality and government subsidies
- Notifications, requests for action and appeal processes to the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority and the European Commission
- Sector and business specific assessment